Now you can enjoy a night at the movies in the comfort or your own back yard. Avoid high prices for tickets and snacks with a 9-foot backyard outdoor entertainment center from Backyard Theater Systems. This one has Wifi and Blu-ray capability, so you can also show live sporting events as well as regular movies.
This system comes with everything you need, a good projector, good speakers and the screen of course. You may also purchase different sized screens or different levels of projector, but this is the smallest screen offered. It is rather easy to set up, though there may be some configuration required.
One cool thing about this one, is there is no fan blowing as there is with inflatable screens. This one has everything, but you can easily add higher quality speakers if you are showing a concert for instance.
- Optima professional projector, as well as two 7-inch speakers of good quality.
- The screen has a 1.3 grain matte finish on a white screen bright enough to deliver a great viewing experience.
- Two speakers, one active and one passive. The two work together to balance and stabilize the sound. The speakers complement the projector. The two are designed to work together for flawless operation.
- Connect any device such as an iPod, Xbox, Wii or iPhone.
- Electric powered flat screen, stands and a Blu-ray player.
- Comes with all the cables, fasteners and stands you need. There is no need to buy anything else other than the movies you want to play.
- 60 days of free phone supported tech support to help you set up or configure any aspect of the system.
- The projector is of good quality, and comes with a two year warranty. The bulb in the projector is rated at 200 hours.
- Easy to use instructions.
What we like
- This system has everything you need. It is as advertised, a complete outdoor home entertainment center. Easy to use once you get it figured out – which isn’t all that hard. Even though it is large it still stores fairly easily without too much trouble.
- The 60 days of free tech support is a nice touch. It is easy to set up, but sometimes there are electronic issues that you need help with. That the company offers help there too is a nice statement on their part.
- Speakers are of good quality. If you are doing concerts you might want something better, but for movies or sporting events, these are very good. They are also movable, so you can put them where you need them to be.
- Speaker stands, as well as a stand for the screen, are easily assembled and sturdy enough to keep everything in place. They are adjustable to height to some degree. Support for the screen itself is good, so it can handle a bit of a breezy night without a problem.
- It is easy to set up and take down. Folds up into a package that isn’t all that big for easy storage.
- The size and price are a nice match. A nine foot screen seems big enough.
What we don’t like
- The price. It is the least expensive one from this company, but there are less expensive options for watching movies. However, if you don’t want to have to shop for individual pieces and want a minimum of hassle, this unit is hard to beat.
- It is usable only with the front projector, which is fine, but if you do want rear projection, this may not work as well.
Best suited for
Small groups and camping. It is great for showing movies in small groups. It is great for the backyard movie night, or for camping. It has the electronics you need to watch live events being broadcasted as well.
Not as great for
Very large groups as the screen is nine-feet. It is plenty big enough for most back yards. It seems designed for a certain size group, so trying to make it fit a much larger group might not work. Also, if you need rear projection, this will not work, so that is something to keep in mind.
It is one of the lesser expensive systems from this company because of the screen size and projector, but still it seems a big steep for just showing movies outdoors. The quality is good, but how much quality do you really need? There are less expensive options for watching movies in your back yard and we are not convinced this is that much better. But if you really do want an outdoor movie system that has everything available with a minimum of hassle, this is a good system. It does everything that is advertised well. It makes watching movies, videos or presentations easy anywhere.